Ball Joint Replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
Hey everyone:

I have noticed that I need to replace my ball joints however I know this can get expensive. I was wondering if any one could send me in the right direction to a website or business that sells the parts for a good price. I would then get a local shop in my area to perform the work but I would like to know the parts that I would need to allow the shop in my area to perform the job. I'm looking to replace the top and bottom ball joints on both sides. however are there other parts that i should replace since I getting this job done. Also how much am i looking at for money wise to spend. I just don't want to get ripped off.

thanks i know i can trust all of you on this site.

patrick pierobon

Ball joints, upper and lower.

IF they come with the replacement control arm, Get the camber kit for the alignment as well.

since your taking the arm off any way.

There is nothing else that is needed unless they find you have a brake problem, or other issue.

Todd Z

Rockauto.com has about the best prices out there.

If you are handy with tools, the balljoints are not that hard of a job. Doing it yourself is the best way to avoid getting ripped off.

Tom

Patrick: just had mine replaced last week- advance auto parts $168.00 for upper and lower for both sides- local shop replaced for $100.00 per side and had the job done in 2 1/2 hrs-- in my own opinion $500.00 should be the absolute most anyone should charge??? i'm in north florida-- where are you? i bought the parts myself -- Brad