Bambi Mode

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berf

Reaction score
I've read on some of the F150 forums that there is a way to reprogram the fog lights so they stay on with the high beams using the Forescan tool. Has anyone done this on a Sport Trac?

Not yet on a gen 2 that i know of.

From looking at the wire diagram, it appears the Smart Junction Box controls the Fog light operation. I wonder if FORscan is able to program the SJB....

Yes you can make changes to the BCM using forscan, that's how I replaced mine.... Just need the code....

I know there is a write-up in the project section for Gen1, but I thought there was/is one for Gen2?

I hope you are not one of those people who insists on running his fog lights constantly. For those of us of a certain age developing cataracts (but not enough to have surgery) the additional glare is most annoying at night. While they are supposed to be pointed low, they do just spray light out of the vehicle in many directions. Some vehicles are much worse than others.

It is just more light flooding the eyes of oncoming drivers when you run them, especially on city streets where there tend not to be too many Bambis. Seems like about 40% of the drivers around here in Denver keep them on all the time.

Yep, that’s me, and I am of a certain age and need all the light I can get. Your grief is with the people who switch the bulbs out to something with higher lumens than the original.

Latest posts