BASANI, GIBSON, OR MAGNAFLOW

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kaufman

Reaction score
I am looking for a full cat-back exhaust sytem. Which system should I use. I like the sound of flowmaster muffler, but building a kit with one is going to cost more then I would like to spend. I am trying to find a full kit with everything I need but with a nice sounding muffler.

Please help me choose?

Instead of the kit, I would just change the muffler...but if I was going with a kit, I prefer Magnaflow...

I would go with the Flowmaster as well, I really like the sound, but the price is also what is holding me back from just jumping in and doing it.

Just as another option, check out the Dynomax Super Turbo. They are priced more than reasonably, and if you do a search on Youtube, you can get an idea of how it sounds on a motor similar to what we have in ours.

Steve in your situation, Get the Magnaflow...

Todd Z

I got the Magna-Flow exhaust along with the RT CAT & Y-Pipe and its GREAT!! Thats the way I would go. Its a great sound. I'm sure the other options make it good too.

Steven, no brackets needed if you by the cat back kit. It comes ready to mount. The RT y-pipe supports itself.

where does the y-pipe connect to the kit?? or if i buy it will the place know where to put it on. Todd whats the name of the place in LI that you use?

I have the Gibson. It has a good mild sound. The kit however, did not fit properly and had to have a custom exhaust shop make it right. It would have been about the same if I just got the muffler from them and have him make the pipes.

Just installed my Gibson on the '07 and it went on easily and looks great. Have to set for clearance over rear CV Shaft, but other than that, pretty simple. Had to cut the stock pipe in front of the stock muffler to get it out.

I am not sure of the sound yet, I am used to V8's, and keep reflecting back to the Hemi. May grow on me, if not the stock exhaust is in the attic. You do get drone in the cab, but nothing irritating.

Latest posts