Battery isolator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Howard

Reaction score
Going to purchase a pontoon boat and need to know if anyone builds a Battery isolator to allow the boat motor to charge the trolling motor battery and not allow the trolling motor to discharge the motor cranking battery. In other words I need the batteries in parallel while running and isolated while not running. The boat will be in a slip at the lake with no AC on the dock.

Thanks.

I know they make stuff like that for the RV industry. I would imagine the boating undustry makes something too. Just ask for a battery isolator. I know that is what they call them for RV's. I am sure they are called the same thing for boats.

Tom

I thought I had sent a reply to my own question that I had found a Battery Integrator online that has no loss like the isolators do. The Integrator uses relays instead of diodes to control the current. They cost around one hundred dollars. I will check with a RV dealer to see what they have.

Thanks for the replies.

a diode placed in line with the wire will allow the trolling motor to charge without draining from the other battery, also.... the diode will have to be able to carry the amps from the alternator. These can be ordered from Radio Shaft.. an isolator may be more straight forward...

Latest posts