Battery Light Blinking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Grasso

Reaction score
My battery light started blinking then stayed on for a short while then was blinking again then went off. Any clue if bad battery (5 years old) or alternator would be the first place to look???

Last edited by a moderator:
The vehicle is doing the best it can to tell you that it is having a problem, I recommend listening to it and have it checked immediately becasue when it completely goes south on you it is going to happen at the worst possible moment that you can imagine and that usually involves something with the wife and we all know what happens when the wife ain't happy....

It will ONLY last as long as the battery has enough reserve power in it to operate the voltage required. Something around 10 volts and you are done...

I have the same problem. Bought new battery and had the alternator checked. Alternator was not bad but the battery light came back on. I then had the serpentine belt replaced. I'm lost.

I just had the same symptoms start. I also did some routine maintenance today hoping it would help. I just replaced the belt, and the idler and tensioner pulley's, as I have 104,000 on my 05. I took it in today, and they tested the 11 month old battery and alternator (original). Said both are fine but I have a 3.6 amp discharge when the vehicle is off. Suggested taking it to an electrical service center........ this sucks, it sould like I have an electrical issue, I was hoping it was the battery or even the alternator... any ideas?

Thanks

Just replaced the alternator as another one place said battery and alternator was fine and the nect said the voltage regulator was out on the alternator....so all replaced now and all seems fine, no battery light :)

Latest posts