BEACH DRIVIN FUN!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
OH MAN! I just got back from my vacation down at Cape Hatteras and all I gotta say is..

WOW WEE WOW WOW! A 2wd drive trac at 10lbs of air in the tire can run up and down the beach ALL DAY & NIGHT LONG. In fact, some of the 4wd'ers were getting buried up to the axles in the super soft stuff on the ramps while me my wife and the dog just motored on by.

It was great to not have to lug all the beach crap out and back every day. Just air down, drive out, pull out your chair and just plop down in the sand.

It almost made up for getting that 140 dollar ticket at the Oregon Inlet. Get this, the citation is only 25 dollars, but the court fees are 115 bucks. :rolleyes:

Check the pic in the profile!!

Yes it is! I was down at the end of August and it was a blast. I had to help dig out 2 other guys and almost had to pull out another. It was alot of fun.

Hey Adam,

The best part was watchin the guys with the full on camper shells heading out to the cape. The wives were in the back watching soaps and the guys were out surf fishin. The best thing I saw was a vintage 70's dodge travco motorhome with a set of BF Goodrich AT's sandwiched under the frame just motoring on by. I just gave that dude a thumbs up and said "you rock buddy".