BED EXTENDER

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Grimes01

Reaction score

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE LENGTH OF A FACTORY BED EXTENDER.CAN ANYBODY MEASURE FOR ME! I JUST INSTALLED A ADVANCE COVER ,NOW THE EXTENDER WILL NOT GO IN.

HELP!!!:huh:

There are two out there that are Ford dedicated. One is for the F-150 the other for Trac and Ranger.

The F-150 is 1.5 inches longer and hits the hinge of the OEM cover. So you can not flip the extender without undoing the center hinge of the cover.

If yours is hitting the center hinge then you have the cage for the F-150...

Yeah, I agree with John. Take it back to the dealer and tell them you want the correct one. and drop a hint for them to get thier head out of thier butts.:lol:

Well, no I don't.

But I did a search and found five of them listed. Lowest is $150 with a minor ding and up to $215 for a perfect one.

I also found 2 covers. One is listed as green so I figure it must be a one piece after-market unit and it is listed for $300 and (1) OEM cover that is listed for $300.

Didn't realize they were listed or I would have looked sooner.

Yeah, sorry about that. Thought you just bought it. That sucks. I just take mine out and spin it around and rehook to use it. I have an Extang soft cover and after a while you get used to doing it that way. i took out the theft screws so it's easier. Knock on wood, three years and it's still back there. Not that it would be easy to figure out how to remove it unless you're used to doing it. Used to take me a couple of minutes at first but now a couple a seconds. Thats just a suggestion for you instead of getting a new one.;)