Best CD deck for 02 Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben beethe

Reaction score
I want to replace my factory single disk cd player for a cd player w/a front input for my mp3 player.

Any recomendations?

I just installed a Pioneer DEH-P6800MP. It's nice. Does MP3/WMA/AAC, has decent stand-alone power, very sensitive SuperTuner III, full sub controls, iPod controls, and a front input jack.

The input jack is odd-sized though, it's 2.5mm versus the 3.5mm mini-jack on mp3 players. Got an adapter from Radio Shack. Also the jack is located so the faceplate has to be lowered to use.

The BIG multi-function knob/joystick took some getting used to and the adjustment menus are pretty extensive/complex. Also, no color adjust on the display, need to like bright blue.

I just did the same for my 2001. I went with the Sony Xplode for $99 from circuit city. There are a few on that line that have the aux input and I went with the cheapie. The base model has all the functions of the higher end, but doesn't play mp3 formatted cd's....but big deal if you're gonna hook an ipod up anyways? Front jack makes it easy to use, and takes a standard 3.5 to 3.5 plug. Its easy to navigate from cd to tuner to aux, but I still havent figured out how to get rid of that stupid chime it makes when you turn off your car!:)