Best Hidden, Safest NOS For Gen2 STA?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever played around with NOS here. I'm wondering what amount would be safe for a slightly modded V8 like mine. I'm also concerned about the potential damage to my AWD and the rather gimp 6 speed tran.

Any thoughts?

I would say the tranny would be fine as long as you didn't use the NOS to launch the vehicle from a stop.

A friend ran a NX kit on his ZX2 for 70,000 miles. He would spray a 10 LB bottle once a month. He was running 75 HP wet shot.

It was VERY fast. Another friend had an 80's something Corvette that could not keep up with that ZX2 when it was spraying.

Rules to live by.

Never spray when the engine is below 3000 RPM.

Never spray to "Get out of the hole".

Never spray in more than short bursts.

Use a wet kit whenever possible.

Never rely on the ECU to inject more fuel. It just doesn't happen.

If used properly, a Nitrous kit is reliable, safe, and fun.

Tom

Part #82034

"Due to a fuel system redesign, special components are needed to install a nitrous kit. ZEX is the first manufacturer to engineer an application-specific kit for the new 2005-2007 Mustang GT that includes all of the special parts needed for an easy, 2 hour installation."

I'm not sure if this would apply to the Gen 2 ST V8 also but from what I've read the engines are very very close to the 05+ GT. I would think that this is the kit I need.

Any comments?

Looks like I may also need to consider a fuel pump upgrade.

They also cautioned about using a custom tune with NOS. You're actually supposed to run stock or retard the timing. This is great because I never use my economy tune so I can just have Torrie make me a NOS 93 Octane tune :)