Best Products for Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
How about a FAQ of the best products for the Sport Trac?

Best leather conditioner?

Best dash protectant?

Best wax?

Best tire cleaner?

Best motor oil?

Best oil filter?

Best gasoline?

Best tires?

Best shocks?

Best spark plugs?

Best air filter?

Best brake pads?

etc.

Nice move, Gavin. There are so many options out there for everything, and to put it to a vote by members here, who all have many similar colors, options, and trim peices would be a coup de tat! Of course, we all have our preferences, but a concensus would be somewhat of a "standard" to go by when choosing certain products.....let the counting begin!;)

The best of any certain thing is subjective. It's hard to have a FAQ of the best things, because everyone has their own opinion about what the best thing is.

I think it would be great to put some kind of list like this together and post it in the projects or something . . even if there are a few options listed under "the best blah . . " I think that would narrow down on the standard "what oil/tire/blah should I use post" which is usually answered by a "this has been posted a thousand times, look it up" answer . .

How about a big survey and have the results listed for each item as a histogram or pie chart? That way we could see that 30% of the respondents like Motocraft oil, 25% like Quaker State, and 22% like Pennzoil, etc.

My opinion...

Best leather conditioner? Meguiar's

Best dash protectant? Meguiar's NXT

Best wax? Meguiar's NXT

Best tire cleaner? Meguiar's Hot Shine

Best motor oil? Mobil 1

Best oil filter? Mobil 1

Best gasoline? Whatever is cheapest.

Best tires? Bridestone Dueler A/T Revos

Best shocks? Pro Comp ES 9000, or anything that isn't the stock ones. :)

Best spark plugs? Motorcraft

Best air filter? WIX

Best brake pads? Anything, except stock. lol

True . . we will buy what we each think is the best. However, for someone just starting off and having no idea what is the best, I think a survey or pie chart would be greatly beneficial. Then said person can try what the majority agrees is "the best" and decide on his or her own.

Rich!!!! Hook us up!!

I love Meguiars NXT shampoo and NXT wax/polish; they add a nice deep gloss. Even when my Trac is coated with dust and grime, the sun still shines on it.

I use Stoner's "Grime and tar remover" (?) to clean out the fender wells and then Stoner's "Trim Shine" over the same area.

To keep the rubber trim and plastic parts nice and dark I use Mother's "Back to Black" and apply it with a foam brush.

I use "Invisible Glass" to clean the windshield and windows. It works great and makes it seem as if there is no glass in front of you, but after a while often times a haze will build up on the inside and must be wiped down. Not sure what causes this but it could be the dash-cleaning product evaporating onto the windshield...I dunno.

For the wheels and tires, I previously used Meguiars "Insane Shine" but since then I've switched to cleaning the tires with "Bleche Wite" and then using Black Magic tire foam. Much easier. I think I read somewhere that the bleach content may cause premature cracking of the tires. Oh well. I guess time will tell. Bleche Wite does such a good job of removing previous layers of dressing and grime build up that I could care less at this point.

I've consistently used Mobil 1 synthetic and K&N filters. My Trac and my previous Ranger consistently drove better with the synthetic stuff.

I mostly use 76 Gas but occassionly switch to Chevron, and to a lesser occassion Mobil. Never had any gas related problem (as far as I can tell).

Monroe Reflexes stiffened my ride pretty good. Eradicating most of the side to side rolling. Stiff, but comfy enough. Can't compare with any other brand but the factory ones were just too soft for my liking.

Best leather conditioner? Don't have leather

Best dash protectant? Armor All Low Gloss

Best wax? Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

Best tire cleaner? Ajax

Best motor oil? Mobil 1

Best oil filter? Motorcraft or Purolator Pure-One

Best gasoline? Shell or Lukoil

Best tires? Pirelli Scorpion STR

Best shocks? Bilstein

Best spark plugs? Motorcraft or Autolite

Best air filter? K&N

Best brake pads? Akebono or Wagner ThermoQuiet

Nobleman, Sorry, you do have leather - the steering wheel

Best leather conditioner? Meguiars Leather Cleaner

Best dash protectant? I would never use Armor All. I just use the leather cleaner

Best wax? Zaino, but Meguiars NXT is a good second or Mother Reflections

Best tire cleaner?

Best motor oil? Royal Purple, swear by it.

Best oil filter? I use a K&N

Best gasoline? Chevron, but we put in AM/PM 87 which is the least expensive in our area.

Best tires? Pirelli Scorpion STR, Michelin Cross Terrains, or Bridgestone

Best shocks? Anything but stock

Best spark plugs? Motorcraft, and from what I've read here over the past 5 yrs. nothing works any better.

Best spark plug wires? Taylor-Vortec for the price

Best air filter? K&N

Best brake pads? Akebono or Wagner ThermoQuiet or Raybestos QuietStop

This can go for any ride cept for a cycle!!!

Cleaning a tire - ajax...good for getting funk off the tire.

To shine - Meguiar's Gold Class High Endurance Gel (purple in color). This stuff rocks!! Just a thin coat will do, dont turn brown in a few days...lasts VERY long! I have not touched the tires on my show car in months and still looks like the walls are soaked in oil....very glossy finish. and with the thin coat, when you roll down the road, you dont get the spray from the wheels on the lower sections of the vehicle. Fantastico!!! :D

Best leather conditioner? Don't have leather, can's comment

Best dash protectant? 303 Protectant

Best wax? None

Best tire cleaner? Whatever the dollar store has

Best motor oil? I use Amsoil, though I am happy with the dollar store brand

Best oil filter? Same as above.

Best gasoline? Cheapest gas you can buy

Best tires? Anything but goodyear

Best shocks? Anything other than stock

Best spark plugs? Motorcraft

Best air filter? K&N

Best brake pads? Performance Friction Carbon Metallic