Beware of wade vent visors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Carter

Reaction score
there warranty only cover the tape that holds them onso if you have any problems with the visors themselves they just tell you to call the person you bought them from then they want $21 to replace oneof them so there life time warranty sucks it's no good and neither is there product so beware

bob,

You never stated what was wrong with the visors? Did they break? Do they not fit? Does the tape not stick? What is the problem?

Also, Does their Lifetime Warranty state that it only covers the tape? Warranies must be practical. You cannot warranty an item for rust if it's made of plastic. Or you cannot claim it's warrantied against defects and then when someone makes a claim state that that defect is not covered. Those kinds of shady warranties are illegal and violate the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1974. No manufacturer is allowed to offer worthless warranties. They don't have to offer any warranty, but if they do, they have to abide by their warranty.

...Rich

Read the warranty carefully. The manufacturer must state how and where to make a warranty claim. If it states that you take it back to the place of purchase, than that's where you take it and they are supposed to make repairs or replace the defective item if the warranty has not expired.

there was like a scratch about 1" up from the bottom or behind the mirrow on the driver side which I thought was no big deal till one day I shut the door and about 1 " broke off all the warranty says is lifetime limited warranty when I called the Co they said all they cover is the tape if it comes lose I only had them 3 months at the time and the Co said to get intouch with the person I bought them from I did he said send him $21 dollars and he would replace the one that brokes so I would say thats a pertty worthless warranty.

Bob,

When something says "Limited Warranty" it should state what the limits are, or you should ask what the limits are. In this case they claimed it was only the double sided tape. If your tape had failed, they would have told you that they don't cover the tape, or just sent you a piece of tape.

You might still want to contact the company and complain that they are implying a lifetime warranty on the visors but they claiming that it only covers the tape. That is very deceptive and probably violates the Magnuson-Moss warranty act.

In all fairness, you had a damaged (scratched) visor that you failed to report. 90 days later it breaks and you expect them to replace it? Usually "Limited warranties" are limited to defects in material or workmanship. If the visors faded, buckled or warped, that could be defective material, but plastic is not unbreakable and lifetime warranties rarely ever apply to plastic items breaking. That is probably why the warranty is limited.

...Rich