Bi-Xenon headlights are awesome!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Just installed a set of Bi-Xenon(8000k) bulbs and ballast. Had to get rid of the regular HID set-up as it always seemed to be on HIGH BEAMS.(the puny "high beam" bulb wasn't worth a fart in the wind) The Bi-Xenon light gives a true horizontal cutoff on low and on high, it is the same as the first set was on low. NO MORE blinding other drivers, flashing headlights at me and so on. This, I would recommend to anybody looking to upgrade thier headlights. Thanks, BC

Sounds good Bob. I've always thought the stock lights were terrible. Even with all the mods I did, I thought they could be better. Do you think they have something for the gen. 1?

Got them from a local shop, Tronix, Inc. I would think a kit for the Gen 1 should be available, I can check for you if you'd like? If I can get them, will gladly ship them up to you! This kit is nice because it has only one digital ballast, not two like the old set. Installation is a snap, insert bulbs, attach ballast to inner fenderwell on the drivers side, run a couple of wires across to pass. side(zip-tie) and connect a couple of plugs. Done in 30 minutes or less!! BC

A good kit for the Gen 1s would be something very interesting, as I have always thought that the stock lights were, ah, less than perfect. Even with Sylvania silverstar ultras installed. I thought it was just me.

Latest posts