Black Adrenalin in 2-3 Months or White Tomorrow?!?!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well the dealer I purchased/ordered my Black Adrenalin from called today saying they received their first Adrenalin... thought he would call me to come check it out.

Its basically the same as I ordered with 3 differences, 1, no heated windshield, 2, it HAS a tow package (which I didn't really want) and 3, its white.

Talk about a struggle in my head. The white in person really does look nice, but at the same time I was pretty set on getting the black adrenalin that I ordered... I can get the white one tomorrow by noon, or wait another 2-3 months for the black :\

Argh!

It has everything I wanted, except the heated windshield, which I wouldnt miss, since i've never had, and the vehicle is garage parked...

It was between the white, red, and black from the begining, I just chose black cause I already had a white vehicle in the past, and the red was a little too flashy for me......

I think though I might hold out for the black, maybe, that and my insurance person hasn't returned my call, lol...

I personaly would go white, cause black gets dirty easy. The key is you. If you have it to spend never settle for less than you wanted.

I have a black roush stang, when detailed, is to die for, drive it 50 miles, you detail it again.

has been said Black is not a color, black is a part time Job.

Get the white trac.

Honestly I will never get a black truck again.... NO way.....

I think the new ST is hot in white...

I too could live without the heated windshield, But i would WANT the tow package...

Your call Don't let a rush thought make you do the wrong thing....

Get what you want and be happy..

Todd Z

XST:

Black is a full time job if you want to keep it looking nice. If you're buying new, you should get what you want though.

I would have liked the heated windshield although it's kinda pricey. The '07 Sport trac and my wife's 2003 Monte Carlo are two of the worst vehicles I've had for fogging and icing up. Do yourself a favor, when you get the ST...go out and buy a set of Bosch Ion wiper blades. I replaced my stock ones with Rain-X blades at 2 months and they were better but not that great. Just recently went with the Bosch Ion's and so far they are much better.

As far as the tow package...I don't tow right now but I got the class III/IV setup when I bought my ST. It will help most of the time with resale and it wasn't that expensive. Since it is a truck...I figure someday to possibly need to tow. That little 1 inch receiver isn't too much cheaper and cannot be changed to the class III/IV setup very cheaply as others on this site have found out.

Congrats on the new ST that is coming,

Gary:D

Last edited by a moderator:
6 hrs detailing the black Hoe yesterday, 120 mile roadtrip up mt hamilton, down san antonio valley and back, car is covered with tree pollen.

Show and shine sunday with a local club plus a roadtrip to Monteray, 6 hrs of detailing tomorrow.

Get back, put the cover on and wait till the next 6 hr program.

Buy the white one:D

I like the white better. Two things to consider. Will the dealer give you a better deal if you go with the white? White is also safer color choice. By that I mean, it easier to see a white vehicle than a black one or dark color. That is unless you are in snow.:lol: I did see a listing of the safest colors for vehicles. I don't remember if I read that or saw that on an Internet site. The way to check this out is a lot that has several different colored vehicles from dark colors such as black to white and brighter colors. Look at them from a distance at dawn and at dusk and make sure there are no lights on such as street or parking lot, etc. and see which color you can see easier. I know even at night with street lights and such on, I can see a white vehicle with its lights off much quicker than I can see a black one. I picked my white ST for three reasons; it being easier to keep clean, it being a safer color, and being cooler when you get in it after sitting in the hot sun for a long time.

Don't settle, if you don't want it, you will eventually regret it.

True in some cases but not always. I originally wanted an Estate Green gen1 but "settled" with Blue Pearl because I couldn't get the Green one right away. I've never regretted it. The ST is still an ST and I love it. It has been implied to me that the Estate Green is an "old folk's" color. :lol:

But as bill implied above, when I'm washing my Trac, I do wonder how easier maintenance would've been had I gone with the Estate Green. I can only imagine how well that color hides dust.

In your case, however, it's more than color. It's at least one significant option; heated windshield. I wouldn't sacrifice that option. No condensation? Sweet.

Latest posts