Blinker

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S 2

Reaction score
Is there any way to disable the blinker chime. I cannot stand it. Thanks in advance

By blinker chime, are you saying the one that comes on to remind you that you have the blinker on?? Are you one of those people who drive for 20 miles on the highway with your turn signal on?? I can say that I have only heard my chime once, and it kind of startled me, as I wasn't sure what the problem was... Looked down to check my idiot lights and saw it was on. I think the signal has to be n for 90 seconds or so though...

You must have a lot of traffic lights in your area that have you sitting in a turn lane for super extended periods of time.. As fo disabling it, I think it is the same chime that sounds when you shut off the vehicle and try to exit with the headlights on. Turn off the ST, leave the lights on and follow your ears to the chiming module. Unplug it and that should take care of it I would think...

You have a chime that does that? What year ST do you have Mike? (your profile doesn't say)

My '02 doesn't have that feature and often wished it did (Guilty as charged Larry. LOL). My wife's Grand Prix has it and it sure proves useful on occasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never heard a warning chime in my '03, and if you ask my back seat driving wife, I never use it anyway.

Haha, major misunderstanding. I mean the blinker noise. Just the regular old blinker, the clicking noise. Can a wire be disconnected, but the actual blinker light still works, just no noise?

The noise is the flasher unit working, so you cannot disconnect a wire and still have functioning signal lights. You can, however, replace it with an electronic flasher that would be much less noisy.