Blown Motor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD RoadKing

Reaction score
With just 80,000 miles on the odometer, Motor exploded and locked up, no warning, other than about 5 seconds after oil pressure gauge started going crazy. No check engine light or nothing, I kept my oil changed every 3 to 4 thousand miles. Drove reasonably, I am really disappointed. This is the first time in 36 years that I have had a catastrophic failure to a vehicle. :(

Post your zip code as well as if you have a Job 1 or Job 2 2001 Trac and I will send you a list of engines near you with miles listed and a price.

If nothing else, this will give you good info as to what you are up against...

Sorry to hear of your loss...

Need more info to get the correct information for you.

Please select from the below list.

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport Trac, thru 7/23/00

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport; thru 7/23/00

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport Trac, from 7/24/00

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport; from 7/24/00

I am sure it will be one of the bottom two based on being a Job 2...

I wonder if it's possible to cram a mustang 4.0 in there and get some goodies for it. Personally I'd look into doing a 5.0 swap since the 5.0 is a pretty easy fit for an explorer. It's probably be cheaper to just do a normal 4.0 though.

Just happened to me: apparently a filed oil pump. plenty of oil, just not making the rounds in the engine. Shop called to inform me I'm looking at $7K for everything (new engine, labor, a bunch of parts & accessories). They may shave off a buck or two if they can re-use any parts, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've been doing oil changes every 3K with sync. oil, etc, basically doing what I believed was "taling care of my ST". However, driving habbits aside, WTF on the oil pump?

78726 (Austin, TX) - any thoughts before I have them order this new engine?

Feel free to email me direct as well! [email protected]

Thanks

Brian

Uh, Coastie... 2 of the 4 are Explorer Sports. Either of the bottom two will have the same engine.