body lift compared to no body lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longracing25

Reaction score
I got the bed 3"body lift on. Had to wait on new plolythane bushings. I also had to convert back for one day to drivable. Once i looked at stock bushings.......crap. Sure enough half were junk or GONE. Its best to replace anyway. I thought id take a side pic showing what "3 body lift looks like...compared to no body lift. I have a torsion twist 3-4" front and longer shackles on back for rear 4" or so. I have 265/70-16 tires.

Attachments

• 20210721_154816.jpg
    20210721_154816.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20210721_154912.jpg
    20210721_154912.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 122
it made it look way more rugged and meaner and will look really good when complete, i have not seen running boards that run full length like that on a trac. and i agree it looks higher with out, took mine off my excursion that is lifted and looked better, had to put them back on for kids and wife could climb in. just need some flares to finish it off and they help with wider tires for mud and rocks.

The instructions said 8hrs,...my ass. Here is it with all 3" blocks, steering lengthener, and radiator brackets. Still need to put on both bumper brackets, nose...and fab up new brackets for the grille guard.

i think the tires look good, once finished it will look way cool. i am ordering another set of rock sliders, not a fan of the nerf look. but that's what i have now. i called a few companies who make them to do a set but they laughed at me so measured my 4 dr wrangler and same measurements.. 8 hours is with a nascar pit crew.

Latest posts