Body lift... grill guard..?'s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
just thought id post this. i have a westin grill guard and after the body lift i had wanted to put the thing back on. i was originally told to just flip and switch the brackets. well i did so, but after i did, the brackets were the right height but were 3inches off towards the inside than the outside like they was made to mount. not sure if anyone else has had this problem but i figured id say something. Also if the brackets would even work, it wouldnt on the passenger side due to a hose coming from the radiator. so i guess ill have to figure something else to get this mounted. if any have anymore input, id surely like to hear it.... thanks in advance all

Do you have a metal or welding shop by you....

Flip your brackets, CUT off the part that now points in the wrong direction and well the flange back on..

As far ad the lower rad hose, that can be zip tied out of the way, or "notch" the bracket around the hose and wrap the hose with something so it doesn't rub and break..

Todd Z

thanks for the reply. when the bracket was like it was originally suppose to do, the mounting part was out near the frame rails. when i flipped and switched them. the brackets are now 3inches away from the frame and are towards the middle of the truck. the 3inch difference came from the mounting point to the bumper mount. kinda hard to describe. the most best way i can even sit fit, to get this to even work, is to make some custom weird brackets without cutting my bumper. dad told me, this is the reason i hate body lifts, you take stuff off, and then the body lift screws up everything to where u cant put it back on.

be nice to hear some other feedback that some might have.

We did just what you did...flipped the bracket...however, we also built them up with some additional steel and redrilled the holes (I think). The hubby did the work, I just painted them and made sure that he had a nice cold beer when needed. :D

I know that we re-drilled the holes for the hitch. I don't have any pictures on this PC, but if you'd like to see them just let me know and I'll post them tonight.

Latest posts