Body Lift Installed... But Problems & ?'s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 62851

Reaction score
hello all, i just got my body installed yesterday and its sweet, but have some problems. curious of those who have had the body lift installed if they had any problems, with the bumpers gettin aligned properly. i didnt do the install. i had a local truck shop called " Trick Trucks " here in MD do the job. it was there first ST for any kind of work. but my problem is, they didnt get the front and the rear bumpers aligned good at all. curious if any others had this problem or whatnot. to show u what i have, i took pix and they r in my library. i dont fully understand how it could be so difficuit, but they said its the brackets fault. a pic i didnt take was of my oem fog lights, they arent resting in the holes correctly either. i will take a pic of them tomorrow, if u care to see what i mean. i think the pix of the bumpers r pretty good, so u should be able to see what i mean. oh yeah, heres a pic of the lift i got. thanks for any information that can be supplied.

[Broken External Image]:

Lift looks great!

As for the bumper, I would think that the shop should have adjusted the bumpers properly since you paid them for the lift job. Just like other jobs :wub: , an proper alignment should be included with the lift.

the brackets are adj. all you have to do is loosen up the bolts and have someone hold it inplace while you tighten it up

thanks for the input so quick, i went back to the shop today to explain what was happening, and they said it is b/c of the brackets, i think they was just to lazy to make it look good. i know this will be the last time i get anything done by them. me n my dad r goin to go out this weekend, and try to align everything all back like it should look. i know it dont look terrible, but it dont look good either. ill take a pic tomorrow of how the fog light looks. its kinda wierd on how it lines up, not sure if its hitting anything behind the bumper til i remove the fender lining. but ill surely check it out, and post the pic so u can see what i mean.

when i got my body lift my fog lights were a little off as well.. i still havent fixed them

let me know what you do to fic them, I havent taken a look at mine yet, I was thinkging of getting those led projector ones so I was going to fix it then.....

the rear bumper can be fixed using my project on adjusting the rear bumper. the link above is the bumper realigning project.

and this link to remove the front facia/bumper might help....looks like you might

be missing a few screws inside and out holding the 2 pieces together.

good luck

paul h:D

Last edited by a moderator:
My truck came with a 3" body lift. When we added the OEM fog lights, we had to do some major modification on the brackets so that the lights would line up with the holes. Actually the install of the lights was what convinced us that the truck was actually lifted. When we bought it, we asked and the dealer said nope...that was stock height.

kimbro, u have any pix of how ur fog lights r mounted, say from the inner fender lining..? might give alil idea on whether i wanna spend time out in the cold or just ditch the fact of modding oems and put some aftermarkets in. if not, its cool. ill just get in there and play round with it.

update here is the fog...

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
My fogs were also misaligned after I installed my bodylift. I couldnt figure out why so I just left it the way it was. Its hard to notice unless you are looking for it, but it still bothers me. Also when installing the lift you have to cut material off the rear frame horns for proper fitment, maybe they didnt cut enough? Also metal from the front bumper has to be cut in order for it to be able for it to fit properly. All these could be reasons as to why is it fitting incorrectly.

well i fixed the rear. got it all aligned properly. theres a mount under the bumper, i guess for a support for when towing, and that support had a bolt in the way of the frame rail. right in the area of where the new liftied brackets rested at. with this bolt in, i couldnt adjust the up/down or the in/out portion of the bumper. there was 1 bolt on each side of the bracket. its all aligned good now. tomorrow, i will be re-doing the front bumper and making new brackets to install my brush guard. thanks for the input on this stuff, was kinda affraid, i was the only 1 in this boat.

welp, we got the rear pretty much aligned, the front, well, it just aint happening, so i guess, ill just leave it like it is for lil bit of time. we also couldnt get the fogs to align no matter what we tried to do. most easiest way from what it looks like, is to just redrill some fog light holes or make some new brackets for them.

as for the shop, their excuse is this: If the product was purchased from us, then we could guarntee that the parts would fit properly with the truck, and since the parts werent, we cant.

wild part though, they did tell me, that the PA kit is the only lift kit they use, so its the same kit they would have had to order. makes no sense to me. aint ever goin back to that crappy place again, maybe ill rethink about re-aligning after i do the superlift