Body Mount Busted Body

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSleetz

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hoping for some good news but not really expecting much, my truck was making a ton of noise going through turns or up and down bumps and I could't hunt down what was causing it. So i took it in had a shop look at it and this is what they found, quoting me at about 3 grand to get it fixed. Want to cut out the metal and weld a patch in to reattach the body mount too . Any thoughts or advice or am i just shit outta luck on this one?

IMG-0003.JPG

Wow, I have seen the body mounts go bad. Never seen that happen. Looks as if your body mounts have been upraded.
Some of us have had to replace the oem mounts. The material they were made from deteriated. The oem bushings were a soft spongy material.
$3k seems like alot. I would shop around.

Yeah 2001, rear most body mount. Well that sucks that it's outta pocket. thanks for the links.

As far as getting the TSB done, should I just print out the page and take it to my local shop? Or should this get done at a dealer? Thanks for the help, this is my first car and I've never had to do maintenance like this before.

Last edited:
As far as getting the TSB done, should I just print out the page and take it to my local shop? Or should this get done at a dealer?
I would print out the TSB. Then take it to various shops, for estimate. Also check the dealer. As the TSB go's, the patch go's on top of the metal that is there. Not cutting & splicing in a piece of the pan. Nowdays some shops go by the dealer manuals, but not all. Talk to freinds for recomendations. I still think $3k is high.

Honestly you could have some round plates made with a hole in it, Like HUGE fender washers, Sandwich them under and over the damage and bolt them in..... Probably $200 and done......

Or take out the interior parts and have a mobile welder weld a plate and your good. 3K is crazy high.