Bootsy...any Update?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, my bad I lost the other thread. Well they updated the transmission. It now seems to thrust at a different time...not between gears but more in the middle of each gear....weird still. Maybe I have to disconnect my battery for a few minutes and hook it back up to get the real update. My gas mileage is still bad, but probably still from what I wrote about above.

As for the clicking in the steering column I had some "major bolts" replaced under a listed TSB that had something to do with steering shaft & transmission??? Anyone know about that? The clicking went away, so that's progress & my frustration level is going down a bit. So much so that I am falling for my Trac again....which is a good feeling. They could not duplicate the loud brake squeal, but said they cleaned them up for me & did not charge me for that. I had big plans for her & I might just go ahead with them....that's what I am thinking as of now anyway.

The guys there did, however, leave my windows down while it was sitting outside when we got 15" of snow overnight, so my leather seats were SUPER goey feeling. I parked in the garage after I got it home, let them dry out & they seem fine...otherwise I would have had some more words with them.

:)*fingers crossed*:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang... I would have come unglued with the windows down thing. Not only snow, but possibility of vandalism, etc.

They should comp you a complete detail in and out for that!

Good luck.

Yeah I def. mentioned it with harsh words and they said they didn't realize it, they've been running around too busy with other things. I didn't see any real damage though, nothing cracked...I conditioned them up after a complete dry-out. At that point I still had to drive home in the freak blizzard, so I had other things on my mind. This dealership is terrible, they have no customer service skills, nor can they handle anything other then an oil change, it seems. It's not my Tracs fault that the dealership is incompetent....I just like to tell everyone that I can to NEVER go there is they can help it.

I would have had a HUGE issue though if anything on the inside (electronically) had been tampered with or messed up due to the snow. Luckily I could scoop most of it out with my hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get my summer wheels back on Monday, that makes me smile for sure.

I do have a question about the front plastic piece under the lip of the bumper. I had mine off for the bullbar and tried to cut nothces into it to fit it back on, then it snapped into 2 pieces. Does anybody know where I could get another one or what part number that is?