box not level

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to level out the box on my truck I have measured the hit from the grounf to the top of the wheel well on both sides and they are the same.. but when I shand behind the truck the drivers side is about 1 to 1 1/2" lower then the passanger side.. I am looing for a quick and easy way to fix this.. can I just looses the bolt holding to box on the drivers side at the back and shim it up with some metal washers or is there a better/easer way...

Thanks

Baker

Have you checked the mounting bushings? Doesn't seem right if it measures the same from the ground but doesn't look correct. Any pics? Here is a project on centering your box, but it deals with it being crooked.;)

The '01 to '05 trac leans to the driver side bc the fuel tank is on that side. More fuel the more lean....

As Eddie said, the Sport Tracs tend to lean a bit to the left since the fuel tank is on that side. You can get rid of the lean by adjusting the torsion bar adjusting bolts on the front suspension. Raise the left front slightly by turning bolt on that side in (this will also lower the right rear). Then lower the right front by backing the bolt on that side out slightly (this will also raise the left rear).

It's just like adjusting the cross wedge in NASCAR. Put a round or two of wedge in on the left front and take a round or two out on the right front.