brake lights issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Comeaux

Reaction score
im having a issue with my brake lights sometimes they will work sometimes they dont my 3rd brake light works when i press the brake but sometimes the lower ones dont blinkers work hazards work brake lights dont even with my trailor connected they dont work. any ideas?

Tilt your column up and down while holding your foot on the brake and see if they work/don't work in relation to column position. The connector on the multifunction switch is a common problem area.

The fix requires you to take the shrouding off around the upper column. You will then be able to see the harness that is getting pulled tight when the wheel is tilted.

You need to pull this harness up to slacken it and then wire tie it from below to prevent it from happening again..

Sometimes the little "latches" that secure the terminal in the connector break. Make sure the wires won't just pull out of the connector. If they do a replacement connector is in order.

Latest posts