Brake pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James B 3

Reaction score
Time to change my pads and turn the rotors, any input on the best type of pads? which has less brake dust? which as less squeel? Thinking about changing the rotors also, any input on that would be nice.

Thanks,

james

Good set of rotors, not the cheep chinese ones. You can get the slotted ones for better cooling if you tow or race.

Carbon or ceramic pads are the best...

Todd Z

thanks Todd. Can you recommend a brand of rotors, so I don't get the Chinese ones. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I just changed my rotors (wearever from advance were $73 each) and pads yesterday. My first time doing it so it took me a while on the first one. The second one went rather quickly. I have a 2wd and I just repacked the bearings. I used ceramic pads, they suppose to produce less brake dust.

I started taking pics but once I got the rotors off and started messing with the bearings I wasn't going to ruin my camera with all the grease.

You'll need bearing grease, 15mm socket w/breaker bar (if you'll remove the rotors), 13mm socket, flat head screwdriver and hammer for popping the bearing cap off. Also, brake cleaner, lots of rags, and some time.

Raybestos, wagner, any name brand...

They will be expensive, not like the 30 dollar ones..

Todd Z

C his truck is a 4WD.....

Todd Z

oh, well from what I hear his rotor job will be easier than mine.

sorry I didn't check his profile:unsure:

James,

I would recommend any good brand of ceramic or carbon metalic brake pads lake Wagner, Raybesto, Satisisfied, etc. The main thing is to get good quality, long lasting pads. IMHO excessive brake dust may be a nusance, however if the brakes perform well, I don't really care about the dust since it can be washed off.

...Rich

thanks guys, I actually don't have a problem changing parts, and anyone in SC that needs a place to work on thier trac let me know. My dad has a big 4 bay shop with Rack, a paint room, tire machine, etc. My dad rebuilds cars on the weekends when he feels, like it. I have never really gotten into it until now. So, even though I can do the work I really don't know about all the mods and stuff,

James

Latest posts