Brake Squeal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2005 ST 4X4

I have about 22,000 miles on the brakes and there is a lot pad left but the brakes squeal when the outside temp is 50 or below. If it is warmer out, there is no squeal. Anyone know why this happens or a fix. I would hate to replace the brakes since there is pad left.

You can lube the brake caliper slides and take the pads out , lightly sand them, and sand the chamfer back on to the edges like the new pads have..... and then re install them with anti squeal on the back of the pads... The factory doesn't lube the slides good and the shims on the back of the pad do not last that long..

Todd Z

Todd gave you the correct info you need to lube all the contact points. But the one thing I found on any vehicle is that most people use semi matalic pads...... Well metel against metel

squeals. Next time try useing a ceramic brake pads they stay much cooler :)and wont squeal . They do cost a few bucks more but well worth it.

ST