Bridgestone Blizzaks-Finally Bought Them

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I finally bit the bullet before our recent snowstorm, and went out to buy a set of 4 Bridgestone DM-Z3 Blizzaks. I paid about $175 a tire from the Bridgestone/Firestone dealer up by me.

Although I have yet to drive through mounds of snow, I have had to drive on some ice, and some small packets of snow. The Trac has handled very well in 4x4, with no slip at all. I do feel very confident with these tires, and look forward to driving in some deeper snow, however, not on the highway. I have read nothing but great reviews, and so far, I am happy with mine. I bought the 245/75/16's all the advice of this board. I am trying to limit the highway snow driving, as I am still aprehensive of driving in bad weather. However, with the Trac and these tires, I don't feel unsafe.

The tire appers to grip the road very well, and when engaged in 4x4, you can totally feel the tires gripping the surface. The only comment I would have is that the tire is loud on dry, and when engaged in the snow. Big deal, all this does is show me it's doing its job!

Unless there is measurable snow, I don't even feel the need to put her out of 2 wheel drive.

This is a good thing, but for safety, I am not chancing things, so 4x4 it is..