Bringing Bed Liner back to life

Help Support SportTrac.org:

nolajoins

2nd Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I have the tonneau cover on 99 percent of the time so it isn't the most pressing need but the bed liner (hard plastic) is faded and looks dirty even when its not. Is there a way to bring the plastic back to life without replacing it?

Todd Z

2nd Gen Owner
V6 Engine
V8 Engine
Reaction score
its part of the bed, so replacing will be super expensive.... Can try a good plastic parts cleaner and a good uv spray protectant.... that's about it.

nolajoins

2nd Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
its part of the bed, so replacing will be super expensive.... Can try a good plastic parts cleaner and a good uv spray protectant.... that's about it.
yea, I was watching a YouTube of a guy who did it with 303 Formula. I think Im going to give that a try. I keep the cover on 98 percent of the time so its a low value project but I like to start small lol

Kirk Rich

Reaction score
Have you tried Plastic Trim Restorer? Never considered it for the bed, but it worked well on my Tonneau cover.

Attachments

• IMG_20210907_193740592.jpg
    IMG_20210907_193740592.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 18

curtis james

Reaction score
i have been using a silicone based products for years, just spray it on and let soak over night then wipe access off with a soft cloth, using a resin like plastic renew works on small plastic parts like dirt bike fenders but will peel off and look blotchy. i spray mine maybe once every couple years and still looks new, silicone is a protectant so it does not cause fading, nor bleaching. i detailed cars back in the day in az, stay away from oil based products unless ya like greasy feel.

Latest posts