Bug Shield Installed on 05 FX4

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank DiGi

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask you guys with new 2005 F150 how you installed you bug shields for the bar type grill. I just puchased a shield and noticed that you have to remove the grill to install it.. My grill is tight to the hood and I was wondering how it will line up with the shield behind it.Will there be a gap and will the grill go back easy.This shield I got is from Ford .The pictures that show how to install it are not very clear on the spacing .I don't want to crack the shield or grill with it being so tight to the hood. Anyone have any ideas ? I did install all the shields on my other last three f150's and my ST with no problems at all.This is not like the older ones.Thanks so much for your help.

Frank

Frank,

I asked my husband about the install just now. You have the same shield he does I think. It has the little F150 sticker one side. Anyway, he said he had to take the whole grill off to put it on because the shield will be sandwiched between the area you screw in on and the grill when you put it back on.. I just remember him swearing alot and it taking nearly two hours to do, but he is not very mechanically inclined.. LOL He put his on last September and no cracks so far by screwing it down to tight. Hope this helps! - Heather:D

Hey Heather

Thanks for the info. I do have the one with the F150 on it. I'm just alittle worried cause the grill is so tight up to the hood that the space between will gap some .I going to put mine on this weekend.I could see why he would swear and take the time to get it in.It don't look as easy as the older F150's and the St to get on. Let ya know how it goes. I was waiting till the temp goes down.Way to hot in NJ to work on the truck.

Hows his F150 running so far any problems? My truck so far is one of the best Ford truck's I own to date.After a month having it should of got one sooner.I had a 86 ,98 ,2000, 2002 and now 2005 F150. The 04 ST was a lemon so I went back to the 150.

Thanks again for your replies to my post.

Frank

So far no problems with his F-150 besides the headliner coming untucked on the passenger side. Before this truck he had an 02 Ranger Supercab. It was a great truck but our then 6 old son was quickly outgrowing the jump seats. Before the Ranger he had a string of Mustang GT's. I love my 04'

ST, and she seems to be returning the love so far.. LOL Let me know how the bug shield turns out. -Heather :D

Hey Heather

I'm thinking if the weather is nice here of installing it this weekend.Hopefull it will go ok. Glad to hear your 04 ST is good.I must of got a bad one.Anyway my new 150 been great so far.Only the break fuild was fulled to high when it was built causing it to overflow couple small drops once in awhile.But no big deal I have to take some out to the max line on the tank.No use running back to the dealer for that. They sure made a good running F150 this time.Take care,

Frank

Latest posts