Bug shield

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
Going to be ordering a bug shield this weekend and cant deside if I want to get a low profile, full wrap or hoodline to hoodline style. What type do you have? I found a low profile one for $41. What would it look like with a billet grille and safari bar? Thanks for the help.

Andrew

I have the Chrome full wrap and I love it. When I returned from my round trip from Dallas to Houston and saw all the bugs that it saved from being on the front of my hood, it really made me appreciate it more. I say go with the full wrap.....

Go with the Stainless Steel Full Wrap. I have used them all and am coming from a lot of experience.

The plastic ones will eventually crack if used long enough. The sun will get to them if you have to park outside during the day. If you don't plan on keeping it very long, don't worry about whether it is plastic or steel.

However, stainless lasts forever and looks fantastic.

Don't expect a lot of windshield protection and especially from stones. I've still gotten broken windshields while using the shields. Some bugs will be deflected from the windshield but mostly the hood is protected from them.

Personally, I believe shields are worth the money, although they do nothing for the looks of the vehicle. I am currently using a full front end bra and hood shield on my 03 Trac.

I just hate seeing the paint being slowly eaten away with bugs, small stones, sand, dirt, etc..

David <><

I would reccomend the full wrap and a clear one at that ![Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a full wrap i would sell cheap i took it off and its been setting it the rafters in my shop for months now

Latest posts