Bulletproof Front Sway Bar End Links

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, The research I just did in the past week (Google search) found that even though ES is made by Prothane the ES bushings have a different formula that makes them slightly softer. The black ES bushings have graphite in them where as the black Proahane do not. So by head to head comparison the “red” bushings from both ES & Prothane are about equal. If the were exactly the same it would be copyright infringement.

I put a 4x4 front sway bar on my 2wd and used these bushings from Code Red. Make an additional difference in handling.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.png
    IMG_0375.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
What is 4802?
Here’s a quote from the Energy Suspension FAQ page:

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ENERGY SUSPENSION® RED AND BLACK POLYURETHANE COMPONENTS?​

Both colors are made from our signature Hyper-Flex™ performance polyurethane. A select few of our black polyurethane components contain graphite to add a lubrication property. Graphite is not added to the red formulation because black graphite discolors the red polyurethane. Graphite does not compromise our polyurethane formulas.

This is why both the “RED“ ES and Prothane are identical, but not the black, but both the Black & Red Prothane are identical whereas the ES black & red are not. Hope that clarifies.

4802 is the number molded into BOTH ES and Prothane bushings. Would not surprise me if they are the same.
You said black Prothane bushings do not use graphite in post #41.

Quote from Suspension.com link in post #43 for Prothane bushings.

What about the graphite rumor?​

The black bushings do have a small amount of graphite mixed in with the polyurethane which has the potential to help with squeaking. But really, the best way to prevent Prothane bushings from squeaking is to use the supplied pre-lube and grease them properly at install. So whether you choose the red, or the black, just be sure to grease them properly to avoid any squeaking.

Latest posts