Bumpers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerica Marshall

Reaction score
I was wanting to paint my bumpers black. I hate the color they are now. i was wondering if anyone else has done this. I saw one sporttrac that i liked on here with black bumpers and now i want to paint mine. it makes it look better i think. any ideas on how to paint them and what to paint them with?

Many members here have done it...

There is a project on this in the projects section that Tom R did on his truck.. He used spray cans.

I did mine with body shop equipment. I wanted to hide the texture and get a glossy finish.

IT all depends what you want, if you like the texture and just want it black you can use cans, if you want to hide the texture you may need pro equipment..

Either way you need to prep the parts, use an adhesion promoter and paint. Take your time and do not rush, thats when it comes out like junk.....

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
i painted mine with cans.....

high gloss black. but like todd said you really need to clean and prep the parts really well

otherwise the paint will peel and crack. also make sure you set aside a full day to prep tape and paint and i didnt drive the truck for 24 hours to make sure it had time to dry and cure.

good luck:D

paul h:)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Painted mine with bumper black as in project. Well worth the look and not very expensive.

Thats crazy, just yesterday I was looking at pictures and I saw a ST in my color with black bumpers and I knew that would be my next mod. I am no good at painting though, so I am going to see if I can find someone here in AZ that will do it. Took me forever to find a guy to paint my body kit on my eclipse, so I'm sure it's going to be quite difficult. ST's look great, can't wait to do the same.

you can buy spray in bed linner and spray them 10x stronger than paint and cheap if you do it yourself i did mine cost about 30 bucks and about 2 hours of work pics in my lib if yu want to see