Buying a used OEM tonneau cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Lamb

Reaction score
I actually found one locally and going to go take a look at it sometime this week the guy sold his trac with an aftermarket cover. He says he has all the hardware also and was just wondering what that hardware consists of so i know if its all there or not? IE how many bolts what size etc. if anyone can help that would be great or have a picture even better.

Thanks a lot

Canadian,

You should get 4 corner mounted striker bracket. If you get the metric bolts (2 per striker bracket) that would be great. but many people will just put the bolts back into the bed to cover the threaded holes.

Your Trac will have small black plastic plugs in the threaded mounting holes. You can pry the plugs out, or cut them off and you can push any remaining plastic out when you thread in the bolt.

If you don't get the bolts, you can buy some 6mm X 1.24 thread bolts that are about 25-30 mm long (about 1" long). You can buy black bolts or a little dab of black paint will work as well.

...Rich

thanks a lot yeah my track had a cover on it but it was stolen off the dealer lot just before i bought it so i had an idea of what i needed just wanted to make sure the main things are the 4 striker brackets.

Thanks