buying an 01

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellen H

Reaction score
After weeks of searching, I think I found what I was looking for in an 01 Trac. This is my first purchase on my own and I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad I found this site but be patient with me I may have a lot of questions.:D

Good luck and congratulation on your purchase. I think you will really like the Sport Trac and hopefully the previous owner took good care of it and has all the kinks worked out. Be sure to post some photos once you've made your purchase .

Buy a 04 or newer I test drove the 01 and 04 and the difference is worth the price and piece of mind. With the added features the 04 brings to the table, out does what the 01 does not ... unless you can't afford the price. I'd go 03 preferably 04+

SAm

Just bought a 04 and love it Check my post 2001 or 20004 Sport Trac Post

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=950455&REPLYCOUNT=18&LAST=1/18/2007_7:39:47_AM

As much as I'd love to get a newer one, there just isn't the money. I believe I'm getting a good deal on this one. I've wanted one of these trucks since they came out. Will post pics tomorrow. How do I find out if its a Job 1 or 2?

Tell us what side the oil filler neck is on. Also the odometers numbers will be in black. That is a job1 2001. The job 2's the odometer numbers are white.

have a good one

Bob