Cabin Air Intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard H 2

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
I would like to locate the cabin air intake for my 2007 trac, limited edition, V8. I need to add a screen to prevent mice from entering the cabin. My previous 2003 tac, LTD V6 had the intake located under the windshield wiper cowl. I would like to know if my 2007 intake is located in the place before lifting the windshield wiper cowl.
Richard

There are 2... Under the plastic cowling passenger side for outside air, and if you look under the dash passenger you will see the intake for cabin air.

Much appreciated Todd - thanks. Anything to be aware of/careful about when removing the plastic cowling?
Richard

Yes, you have to remove the wiper blade arms and remember that they are different left and right and the location they came off in.
The clips can break on the cowling when you lift it up so be very careful. Also I believe one side overlaps the other. So one side must be removed first

Thanks again Todd. I'll post back once the outside cabin air intake has a protective fabric screen in place.
Richard