CAI

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
I was working on the Zabteck CAI this weekend and have a question. There is a vacuum hose that plugs into the stock intake tube, close to the throttle body. What do I do with this hose when installing your kit? The hose connects to the vacuum lines back by the brake booster.

That is not the vaccuum hose I am talking about. This hose is by the throttle body, and is clipped to the plastic cover that says 4.0 on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad, you can remove that vacuum line, you just have to plug it or bypass it at the brake booster. Below are pics of George's 02 he bypassed his. You will see there is no vacuum line there and it did not cause any problems. Only a certain run of 02's came with this "extra" vacuum line.

Paul H

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got it finished last night. Painted the intake tube with Dupli-Color Metalcast paint. Looks like it was anodized. Now I just need more red stuff!!! Taylor wires are next.

[Broken External Image]:

That paint looks cool chad.. Now do your intake cover and fluid lids.... Make sure you use adhesion promoter on the plastic and clear coat the crap outta it when ur done..;)

[Broken External Image]: