Cajun is alive & well

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun

Reaction score
Well folks it was bad......But I'm Alive !! My famliy & I left sunday morning and rode it out in Winona, Miss. (200 miles north). We are now in the Smokey Mtn. right outside Noxsville,Tenn. Since we can't go back till a lest monday ....we are working out a deal to swap a cabin for some work. Friends are putting us up for a couple day but things are kinda cramped.

I lived west of New Orleans in Jefferson Parish so we are not as bad as in the city. Info is kinda hard to come by. Barring any trees falling on my house , I think I may be OK ......hopefuly maybe 2-3 feet in the house, Maybe no water at all ....I just don't know yet. I have found out that all my family is safe & out the area. i don't know when I'll be back on line again ....but I'll keep ya'll keep you up to date .

I just got back from washing my Trac .....lol .......I could not stand it being dirty any longer.

GLAD TO HERE FROM YOU!!!.....

I can speak for most, thank you for the update, some of us were truly worried!!!!

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news. I heard from family that lives in Louisiana and Mississippi, they were very very lucky. They had little damage at all. However my sister's former boss and her family lost everything. She lives in New Orleans.

Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with everyone affected.

Cajun,

Glad to hear you are OK and that you did not live in the hardest hit areas.

My wife is from Baton Rouge and still has family in the area. We have been able to contact all of her family except her cousin. Most of her family lives 25-30 miles east of Baton Rouge in Denham Springs and Walker, however he cousin lives in eastern Livingston Parrish, and we hear that area was hit much harder.

When my wife tries to call her cousin, she either gets a busy signal or it rings without any answer. We suspect the busy signal means all the remaining phone lines into the area are in use, and the ringing may be her phone but she left the area?

This is truely one of the biggest catastrophies in our nation's history. My wife and I have made numerous trips to New Orleans and enjoyed the time we spent there in the French Quarter. I fear that New Orleans will never be the same again. Much of the historical features of the city will be lost and can never be replaced.

I am also concerned for the people who for age, health or lack transportation reasons could not get out of the path of Katrina, but have less fpitty for those strong healthy adults that chose not to evacuate the city and are now wrapped up in the looting and violence that seems to be consuming the city.

I can sypathize and understand the looters who are only taking food, and water for their families, but get very upset with those who are stealing guns, TV's, etc. I hope they delcare Marshall Law and the police and Military are given order to shoot to kill looter on site.

...Rich

Where in Jefferson? Most of my family is in Gretna/Terrytown. My mother is visiting us up here and , fortunately, missed it. I have a brother who is Law Enforcement in North Plaquemenes Parish who we have yet to hear from. We did get word that my mothers home only lost a few shingles and there was no flooding, she is just off Berman Highway.

Cajun, thank God you are alright. The situation is a mess as thugs have started to undermine rescue efforts. I guess there are a few who stuck around just to pray on the weak and the temporary anarchy.

Glad you and your family are okay Cajun. Hope you can return home soon. Let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

I am also from Louisiana but we were in Biloxi when the Huricane hit. I spent 2 nights on the roof of my hotel and I was so glad when I was rescued. I am now back in Lafayette LA. and I can't tell you what it was like to go through that. I'm just glad me and my family are still alive. Unfortunately my truck was swept away. But that can be replaced. If you need anything and I can help........let me know.

Cajun!! Very happy to hear you and your family are well!

:lol: Fmarano

Doug, very happy you and your family are safe as well...and yes the truck can be replaced, your lives can't Take good care. :)

Last edited by a moderator: