Camped out in the truck tent

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Rampino

Reaction score
The wife and I camped out last night. We set up at a site overlooking the Atlantic. The Sport Trac once again proved it's versatility. The tent utilizes the full length of the bed and tailgate, so we were quite comfortable.

[Broken External Image]:

COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

I got it from Napier Enterprises. It's their "Sportz Truck tent II (model #66000). There's more pictures in my library. Set up is pretty quick - about 15 minutes, no beers, 30 minutes with beers.

:D

Nice. :)

I'd like one of those if they made it with access into the cab through the rear window - kinda like the Avalanche tent.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you use to cushion yourselves from those ridges along the bed floor? If it's comfy enough with just sleeping bags, this tent may be a good investment in the future. Does it come in any other color?

If it had the covered area like the one on the other tent I'd be more interested. That is a good price though, maybe I'll pick one up too.

FlipTrac_511,

I don't think you would be comfortable with a sleeping bag directly on top of the ridges. We have the Ford bed mat which somewhat pads the ridges. On top of that, we usually use an air mattress. As far as colors, yellow is it.

Hey Hey Hey! That is definately my idea of a good time! Good price too!!!! When you have it packed up in the case how much room does it take? Does it fit well under the seats so you can pop it out in case of emergencies?!?!

I have one similar for the 07 that I am going to try for the first time this coming weekend. I'm pulling our pop=up, but will have a couple of 15 yr. olds as guinee pigs for the new ST tent. I will post some pics after setting it up at the site. I think mine came from the same company, but was available in a tan color, which I chose. As for the size packed, mine is in a bag about 16 ins. long and about 8 ins. in diameter,,,,,,,,,easily fits under the back seat, but I just throw it in the front of the bed,,,,,,,,use it to hold things in place, etc,,,,,,,,,,just under $145, I think,,,,,can't wait to check it out,,,,,stay tuned!!

Pretty neat. However, when I go to the track, I like to lock everything in the bed overnight. Plus, I like my queen size air mattress and 4-man tent too much.

It may be good in a pinch. Cubber, would be interested to know if you can cram the thing into the bed compartment that backs up to the cab.

yes, I think it would fit, although, I haven't tried that yet,,,,,,,,,,,the mat seems to be a hassle to move every time I want to use that compartment. I have some tools, jumpers, etc. in there for emergency use, mostly,,,,,,,,,,will try that this weekend, and let you all know,,,,,,,,,,,later, Mark