Camping Trailer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Miller 3

Reaction score
Some time ago...a member did alot of research on camping trailers and finally settled on buying one. I've looked and can't find the post w/pics. Can anybody point me in a direction?

Thanks Gang!

Dan

Dan,

With my wedding next month, I will be in the market for a camping trailer. Theresa and I have decided on one. We want the Trailmanor 2619. Light, folds down, well built, etc. It is expensive though. The price has alot to do with the fact that they do not use particle board anywhere in thier vehicle, plus it is a special design and many parts are not just "Off the shelf" items.

You can check them out at the link below...

Tom

Dale...that was exactly what I was looking for!!! Thank You!

Tom...I've never seen a "pop-up" with a bath inside. That is really slick!!! A little pricey but really cool!

Thanks Guys!

Dan

Dan,

Since you're from PA, I recommend giving Sunline a look. My folks had a 24 footer that they pulled with an Explorer. It was really nice.

My father-in-law to be has a 1997 Sunline. That is 3 years after Sunline no longer made trailers?

Tom

I have a 1999 Trail-Lite 27 foot camper that I will be hooking up to my 07 Trac. The Trail-Lite only weighs 3300lbs dry, and is a bit narrower than typical trailers to reduce wind resistance. I've only had the Trac 2 days, trying to break it in a bit before my 2000 + mile journey to Bristol TN next week! I'll let you know how the V8 Trac does towing, as compared to my former 4.7L Dakota.

Caymen said:
My father-in-law to be has a 1997 Sunline. That is 3 years after Sunline no longer made trailers?

That's why I asked the question (note all the friggin question marks at the end of my post).

Thanks for posting the website, Adam.

TJR

I tow a 23-foot hybrid travel trailer with my '04 ST. With a weight distribution hitch and anti-sway bars, it does a great job pulling. The hybrid has tons of room, because the beds are on either end of the trailer. Yet we have all the convieniences of a regular hard-sided trailer with less weight.

[Broken External Image]:

Dan

Sunline are a good value in travel trailers !! YES they are still in business with 3 locations in Lancaster county PA.( Cayman I can send you some pictures ) A $10 K travel trailer and a $200 K motor home share alot of parts, and that is a good thing. Stay away from special designs .Folding trailers mean more things to go wrong and you still need the same space for storage !! When repairs are needed,and they will , you will be thankful to get common parts.

Stay away from special designs .Folding trailers mean more things to go wrong and you still need the same space for storage !!!

While I do agree with you, here is something to think of. The model I like is a 2619. 26' long open and 19' when closed. That is 7 feel less to store it in. It will fit in a 1 car garage. The mechanism has a lifetime warranty. To top it off, it sleeps 6. Compare that to a 19' trailer with no room, sleeps 2, possibly 4, and has the aerodynamics of a shoe box. Plus the Trailmanor has two permanent beds that are out of the living space. So with kids, there is no bed to make up, no bed taking up valuable living space, and security you will never get with a pop-up or a hybrid trailer. Camping in cold weather will be no problem since they are easy to heat.

I have been camping since I was a little kid. Theresa has too. My father has owned 4 motor homes (two class A's, a 1972 Banner 28' and his current 1998 34' Coachmen Catalina, and two Class C's, 1977 Lindy 19' and a 1986 Coachman Classic 27') plus, in a moment of retardedness, LOL, a Rockwood pop-up. Theresa's parents have owned two pop-ups and two trailers with the current one a 28' Sunline.

I know my way around maintenance with RV's since dad never had the money to buy something new, we had to deal with repairs so I can handle most things myself.

As I said, I do agree with you on buying specialty trailers, but with the lifetime warranty of the torsion system on the Trailmanor and the simple design, I feel it would be a good investment. Small and light enough to cover alot of ground in a Short period of time, but big enough to grow as my fiancé and I continue our life together. Something you just can't do with a pop-up or a small trailer.

Tom