can an atv fit on st's back?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes it can. just put the tailgate down, and put the front wheels on the wheel wells in the back of the truck. then tie a rope or use tie straps around the back tire and hook them onto the hooks within the bed. it won't moove. i put a 660R Raptor in the back. it never moved. to get it on i just used ramps from canadian tire.

patrick pierobon

Yes, With the tailgate down I can fit a Honda 500 Foreman, with no problem. I use a aluminium folding ramp, after loading the quad I slide the ramp under the quad and lock it to the rear differential so it wont come out. Watch the front of the quad so you dont bust your rear window.

Kaw 350 Warrior fits just fine in mine. My buddy has a 700 Raptor and though he carried it in his tacoma, we measured to see if it would fit the ST and it would.

My dirt bike fits fine.

[Broken External Image]:

OK! OK! I'm sorry! I resisted it as long as I could! :lol:

LOL Fred.....

My Bayou 220 fits perfectly, and you can even put the bed extender on behind it.

Be careful, though! You can't just pull the atv up tight against the front of the bed like you can in a truck with a steel bed. You have to put straps pulling forward and backward to hold it snug. Otherwise you could crack the plastic bed at the front.

Should fit fine with the extender, just keep an eye on the tailgate cables. The ends can get rusty and break, as I learned on my old Ranger. The replacements at Auto Zone are a whole bunch cheaper than at the dealer, as I also learned too late.

i load my rappy 660R into the back of my ST by myself in my apartment complex parking lot into my ST.

i stand it up on th grab bar and put my foot into the grab bar and lean it a bit foward and walk it foward till i can put the front tires in the bed. then i lift it int the bed using the rear grab bar and rachet it down. the tires sit on the tailgate but nothing protrudes past the end of the tailgate so if you have an extender you should be able to use it. i then put my rachet straps to the A-frame then to the front outside tiedown. it fits in quite nice. if your not strong enought to lfit yours buy some bi-fold ATV ramps. my buddy has some and they work great.

check out my library, there is a pic in there of my ST with my Timberwolf 250 in the back. It fits perfectly. Ive taken it with me on trips over over three hours with no problems at all.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
No ATV here, but I've hauled a fairly large riding lawnmower with no problem at all. Just two wooden ramps and a ratcheting tie-town or two and you're good to go.

The only problem I've had at all is that the deck of the mower scrapes the edge of the tailgate when I'm loading it in if the mower is set too low. Won't have that issue with an ATV.

I guess I would be concerned about the tailgate straps snapping eventually. Every railroad crossing and pothole is going to jolt the cables. I would thick a sheet of 1/2" plywood under the ATV would help spread the load a little. I know at one time there was a company that made a platform that attached through square tubing to the reciever hitch. The rear tires sat on the platform and not the tailgate. The platform was positioned behind the lowered tailgate. I had a link to their website but it stopped working months ago. Anyone with decent welding skills could make something similar though.