can i just raise the front end??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipac

Reaction score
so ive recently rebuilt the front end on my 04 trac (new control arms bushings and ball joints) because it had bad negative camber. my torsion bolts were two different numbers turn wise as i turns the right 18 times until it was loose and the left side was 15 im pretty sure. i still have camber but i think its still more than it comes from the factory. my first question is should i take it to a shop to adjust the camber or do it myself? second question is can i crank my torsion bolts all the way down to get a bit more ride Hight as i do a lot of trail riding without problems.

Remember, you may have to crank the left torsion adjuster more turns. For level.
The fuel tank is on that side. The first time I filled my tank full. I noticed the sagging.
Have a shop to install caster camber bolts and washers. On the top control arm.

got my truck in 04 and first thing i did to level, and cranked them up and never had a issue or stiffer ride, my other 04 i did same thing and its stock and still no issues and did not notice any difference in handling nor comfort but felt better in turns with less swaying. and eddie is right i did have to crank the side more, use a measuring tape and push down in middle to get the even measurements.

to answer your other question is i did my adjustments a few time and then took it in to have them checked and was dead on once and not to far off the other times, i would have them throw it on a alignment just to be safe and not worry about the wear on tires.

Latest posts