Can I screw the roof??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
Maybe that title will catch someone's attention that can answer.

I asked this question within another post but got no answer so thought maybe the person with the answer might not of cared to look at the gun racks post. Question is what is the make up of the roof of the ST can I mount something to it from the inside without drilling up through. I guess what I am asking is it a double roof and if so how long of a screw could I use and/or are there any cross supports. I have just one day coming up to try to do a bunch of stuff to the ST and right now I just dont have the time to look for myself.

There are a few braces, but the actual roof is only one layer thick.

There are a few methods for mounting without drilling a through hole, depends on how heavy and/or permanent you want the mount. A welder can mount damn near any two metals together.

Oh, yeah, where you want to mount matters too. At the rear of the cab there is extra material, up at the front, and then again across the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are wireing harnesses running around up there. Comes up the rear driver side right to the middle and then runs across half way and then to the front to the windshield.:D

ummmm.... roof yes... Tailpipe NO !!!! :lol::lol: