Can people list the YEAR of thier ST and Problems they've had please?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Im now considering the trade in once the prices bomb on the 05 and earlier STs on the arrival of the 07... id just like to see the problems people have had with thier ST's over the different years its been available until the release of 07 ST's

Thanks!

'05, 18,000 miles, no problems other than a door rattle that eventually disappeared on its own and loose control arm bolts.

'02 4wd. 67k. Nothing.

Wait, the little clip that holds the Tonneau cover lock came off once. Found it in the bed, bent it so it would hold better and put it back on. So, almost nothing.

We have on '01 job 2 Toreador Red, and the only major problem we've had is with the master cylindar for the clutch, on our manual 5 spd., which has been replaced 3x. And, a minor problem where the DPFE sensor went out, and replaced under warrenty - not a problem with it since.

2001, ordered from factory in the beautiful Island Blue color. Door speaker,tilt/turn signal debacle, trannny replacement, horn quit. That's it for mechanical/electrical. Other things are just wear and tear, thin leather, armrest crack, 6 Disc fizzled, peeling paint on radio bezel and fading paint in gray area near winow/mirror along top of window sill. CEL came on after 100,000 K (tranny). i'm okay with the tranny repair after those many miles, and I was at home wen it came on, so I wan't stuck out anywhere. I wanted the ST Adrenalin (conceptual) but Ford nixed it so far, I like the new one, especiallly with the features and upgrades, getting used to the look, grille is so so, and I can hardly wait to drive one- for a weekend or so if they let me! The ST is one of a kind, and still rules as far as I am concerned.

LOL :D:);):wub::cool:

2002, 4X4, 50,000 miles.

DFPE Sensor, WD40 the squeaky tailgate, replaced back door interior handle.

The ST used to flash lights and the horn would go off here and there after shutting it down. Don't know what it's issue was, but I gave is a tissue and it's all better. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
51,000 miles and i had both inside doorhandles not work and had to replace, and the left front power mirror raddled an dhad that replaced that. Also a crank seal cracked.

'01 ST I bought with 52k on it. Now has 64k with a vibration coming from the rear end since I put new tires on it. Ford rebalanced the wheels/tires and put a new drive shaft in it, still vibrates in mid 60's. Couple of pulleys and DPFE sensor replaced. Tilt steering/left turn signal drama. Tranny problems occuring as well, what I call slipping. Got worse after tranny flush.

Fortunately I'm still covered but I'm tired of seeing the people at ford and I'm sure they think the same about me. I'll be going back in soon.;)

C

2002 O/D will not come on with the shifter out of park. Wires are chaffed. It is a known problem with no fix from what the deal told me. It was also not covered under my ext. warrenty. I don't own the truck anymore but my in-laws do. I kept it in the family and still get to pipm it every now and then.

2001 Sport Trac: total mileage was 42K+

Leaking fuel pump,

Squeaky drivers seat,

Key would stick in ignition and not release when in Park,

Loose wire in tilt column that would not engage starter.

Battery replaced with a brand new one with 35989 miles (11 miles on the warranty)

2003 Sport Trac: 22K miles so far

No problems, no complaints.

I only had to take it in to the dealer because of the Evap hose recall.

...Rich

05' with 14,000 miles on it. Rear drivers side door occasionaly will not roll down. Problem comes and goes.

~Josh

2001 almost turning 100k miles.

Everything has been great except the tranny. :angry: :angry:Had to have it rebuilt at 94K. So far so good, KNOCK ON WOOD.

'01 replaced Firestone tires on own but eventually reimbursed (remember this debacle), DPFE sensor, tranny repair, replaced front door handles due to scratching (scratched again), repair of rear window rattle when vented x3 (rattling again), drivers seat trim rattle x2 as I recall, replaced bezel at my cost due to peeling (2nd one peeling as well), broken factory tonneau locking mechanism (my cost again), replaced shocks, hard start last summer (dealer wouldn't replace fuel pump though had classic symptoms of pressure leak), replaced master cylinder and boot, and I can't recall anything else at the moment. I have ~55k miles on it.