Can't believe it's coming up on 13 years

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

Coming up in May, my Trac will be 13 years old and I will turn 60K miles this week. Only trouble I've had is the cruise control doesn't always come on and the 3 lights on the left side of the steering wheel are out. Do you think it could be the plug issue in the steering column?

Gary, congrats! ST is looking awesome!

My ST is now in it's 16th year, at 105K. The time has flown by.

My cruise buttons were a mess. Membrane covers cracked and fell apart, although the lights and buttons still worked. I found the OEM Motorcraft replacement buttons new, on eBay, for about $80. Only took about 20 minutes to replace them.

Given what you describe, it could be either the wiring or the buttons. I'd start by taking the cover off and looking at the connections. Wish I had saved my old buttons to send you. You could have used them for a test. Maybe someone else here has an old set that are cosmetically shot, but still functional.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're referring to the wiring issue related to tilt steering wheels, I don't think the cruise control is affected by that. It's powered through the clockspring, which is wired separately and doesn't run through the problem connector. My 1st guess would be the cruise buttons are going bad. And yeah, new ones are available on e-bay.

CONGRATS !!!

Also it could be the switch on the Master cylinder..... Easy to change too....

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Projects section for both.

Todd Z

12 years, just cleared 150K. Son will be getting it soon and I think I will be going for a Tremor or a Raptor. Depends on which one I can trick the misses into :banana:

Latest posts