Cap & wiring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64117

Reaction score
I have a cap on my ST. I purchased it with it. The wiring for the third brake light was run through the top hole for the locking pin for the bed extender, where can this be rerouted in a safe place? Where have others with Caps run their wiring.

thanks in advance

DanG

Dan, I simply drilled a 1/4 inch hole above the locking pin hole and ran it there on a water resistant plug....

Todd Z

Thanks Todd, is it just the composite material that i am drilling through? Where did you get the plug?

Got the 2 prong plug in the trailer section of Pepboys..... IT comes with red and black wires...

The bed is just the plastic...

IF you lay under the corner of the bumper and look into the wheel well , you will see right up to the area your drilling into from inside the bed..

Todd Z

as always Todd, always willing to help. i appreciate it. you make everything sound simple especially for us that dont want to just rip into their Trac.

My wires come out of the rubber plug that is used to access the screws for the taillight and has a two prong plug on it so you can disconnect the topper.

I ran my wiring through the plastic housing that the power point sits in. I ran it through some wire loom and electical taped the whole setup. I also have a quick disconnect on the end so I can remove my cap without having to fight with the wires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts