Carbon Fiber center console finished.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Got it done and in the truck.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Whatcha all think?......I like it:wub::wub:

Paul H:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter.......I use a combo of both...

I try to use one piece as much as i can on all the flat spots. And for curves i use a blow

dryer to form the vinal to it. Some spots are pieced in where it is impossible to use one solid piece. And for those i match the direction of the vinal and hide the seams.

Eric i got the vinal from a friend of mine and he got it from Pepboys....

Just found this out today. He told me him and his son found it special....

Paul H

I sell the vinyl CF sheets.

Just be prepared when and if you remove it the paint most likely will peel off. If your keeping it that way great. If you plan on trading it in anytime in the future it will de-value the vehicle.

actually when i get rid of the truck it will be stripped and everything will go on my 05 that i will get next. what ever i dont sell will go for either spare parts or be sold or given to other members here to help them out, but thanks for looking out SST.

paul h

Paul,

That looks really nice. It eliminates the grey colors that, in my opinion, do not look good with a tan interior.

Don't know if I would like it with my grey interior, but it looks really nice with the tan interior.

Tom

thanks tom....i think it adds a bit to the interior truck of the truck.

Big D email me and we can talk. im sure we can work something out.

paul h

Can you do the guage surround too? (Lots of compound curves--might be pretty hard to get it to look right.)

I'd try a dark grey steering wheel cover for contrast and to tie it together.

If you could upholster the armrest top to match the seats, that would look nice, too.

I agree with Tom--you've made some great improvements to the way it all looks-- very nice!

I've done alot of wallpapering bathrooms, etc. You have got to be a very patient man!

Looks real good Paul. :cool: Now you gotta do around the speedo, like Gavin said ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, Door handles, Gauge pod, over head console...

Todd Z

Looks good!

Paul, I'm just curious, have you ever had any problems with the film peeling off during hot weather? I ask because I had wrapped a few items for another car before, but in the 100+ degree summer heat, parts did not stay adhered. Maybe it is the film I'm using...

thanks everyone for the comments.

i took the over head console off tonight and i will work on that. the gauge pod looks like it will come off but i have to tak e a few other things off also to get it out. it is to dark to mess with that so maybe tomorrow night i will get that off and have a go at that. actually looks like that will be the easiest part to do. oval in shape not a hole lot of dips and bends like on the radio bezel.

Chad, BigD nad Griff i sent you all emails......let me know.

Paul H:D

I think it would look good with the gray interior. What color was it to start with, Tom's post makes it sound like it was gray I thought I would be tan????