carbon fiber radio bezel and painted and pinstriped knobs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
This is what happens when its cold out and bored watching football.:D

Painted all the knobs in the trac and carbon fibered my radio bezel..

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Whatcha all think?

Paul H:D

Thanks Gary....yeah gotta get the mods done before the twins come! not to say there wont be mods done then but alot easier now.

Thanks STDrew! i would write a project but wow what a pain in the ass.

Lots of blow dryer time to mold the CF vinal and burnt finger tips.....

Ill think about a project. The other thing is i got the vinal to curve on some places

but on others i had to cut and match. We will see.

Sintec...its CF Vinal the same i wrapped my cold air intake in and window/lock controls in.

Paul H

Paul - step back away from the trac ! I hope your wife does not sit still for too long or you will carbon fiber her : ) It's fun watching what you and Todd are up to.

ScoTt

ScoTt...LOL LOL LOL:lol::lol::lol::lol: she works nights. she is the one who suggested i do this. i had the window/lock plastics painted white with black decal stickers for an old school look and liked it at first but it started to bother me. so i changed it and had enough to do the radio bezel. plus the knobs were white also didnt like that so i painted black and pinstriped with silver.

Thanks Ron.....that bend was a lot of fun to do on the intake one to hold the tube and stretch the vinal and the other to hold the blow dryer...also burning Todds fingers

paul h

gary d the console is next just didnt have enough to do it yet. going to try and get som more.

thanks george. yeah a big difference from the white knobs.

ScoTt it went back in last night i will get pics of it today.

Paul H

here are the pics of the bezel int he trac:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Paul H