carbon fiber window control plastics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Well Todd Z told me how to upload photos into my library today...never done it before!:)

This is the first itme trying to resize them myself from my camera at home....

so here goes nothing!!!!:unsure::unsure::unsure:

i did this while watching Barrett Jackson and Mythbusters!:cool::cool:

Paul H:wacko::wacko::wacko:

[Broken External Image]:

It worked YAHOOOOO!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats cool Paul! I did that to my wood trim dash in my Jeep Grand Cherokee that I had before I had gotten my ST. It is pretty easy but tedious to do. Outcome for mine looked good and so does yours! Nice! -DD ST

I did my window control plastics and the the whole dash trim in the cabon fiber,and it looks great.:) I want to accent the gauges and some of the other interior items in a brushed aluminum but can't find the right stuff.:(

Peter.... i have the ability at work to cut vinal decals and we had a bunch of this stuff laying

around extra after we did another job for my friends son. there were 2 24=18 sheets left so iused them on my true cold air intake and the palstics.

paul h

Paul, you could have removed the stickers under the C/F first... DOH !!!!

Todd Z

yeah i know i could have removed the stickers just did this quick to see how it would look and if i totally like the look i will take off and redoo....removing the stickers required me sanding offf about 5-6 coats of clearcoat over the stickers. did not want to ge tinto that last night. so i do it twice if i like it. remeber that i painted them white and changed my mind 2 months later. plus you know me i get bored quickly and its time to change it up.

paul h:D:D:D:D

The trick? Use a heat gun or blow dryer and stretch the film when applying then you won't have the bubbles like you see in the pic. Otherwise, looks good. Just pop the bubbles and it will be fine.

they are not bubbles....i painted the plastics white and put vinal decal on top of the white in a design. the decals are under about 6 coats of clear. i did not feel like sanding of the clear last night as this is just a trial to see if i like it. if so i will take off vinal and sand adn do it again.

i know, i know do it once and be done with it but it only took me about 45 min to an hour to do all four so ill do it again. and i did use a blow dryer that is why everthing else is so smooth.

paul h