Cat Back Kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Merwin

Reaction score
I have looked into getting a Cat Back for my 05. I took my Sp Trac to the one garage and they said they would not do it because the gas line would be too close to the pipe. lus they said that it is a fire hazard, and a number of Sp Trac's have burnt up due to them. I took it to another garage and was told no problem they would do the job. Please help me out here, is it safe to convert or not?

Thanks

Doug

A single cat back will not harm many thing....

ALSO a Dual exhaust ( single in and dual tail pipes) has been done on thousands of ST without issue...

Most places use 2 inch or 2.25 inch pipe...

My shop uses 2.5 inch... just depends how good the installer is..

Todd Z

Thanks for such a fast reply. I have seen others done w/duals and I was just looking for any input, and thank you for answering me. Now I can plan on getting some sound and a bit more power (maybe on the power). Thanks again, now to get things ordered up and get the job done.

Doug M

We are doing Dual Exhaust on Monday. I am taking them straight out the back, rather than off to the side, thinking it will sound better that way.

Dou M

only thing with striaght out the back is that you can't tow and and if your off-road going through a dip that is deep enough.

you will slam the pipes into the rear bumper and smath them.

I'm ordering a Gibson SS cat-back only $390 shippeed.

tired of dealing with the aluminized pipe that most shops use.

Only lasts about 3 or 4 years.