Catalitic converters

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

going away

Reaction score
When I push gas pedal down going up hill or sitting in drive way the engine starts running rough and misses and shakes, not all the time. No faults on dash and exhaust smells burnt. My friends, he checked and when you push gas peddle down and it misses, the vacuum goes to 0. I took to muffler shop I go to and he checked temp on 4 converters and temps at each end, in/out and were close, 590 deg. to 640 deg. and plenty of exhaust out tail pipe and said, temps good. Can't find reason why? Taking back to my friends and he going to try and take apart to check further for problem. "Any ideas from you guys would be appreciated". I love my truck, but too many problems coming up. Thanks Geno

Last edited:
When I push gas pedal down going up hill or sitting in drive way the engine starts running rough and misses and shakes, not all the time. No faults on dash and exhaust smells burnt. My friends, he checked and when you push gas peddle down and it misses, the vacuum goes to 0. I took to muffler shop I go to and he checked temp on 4 converters and temps at each end, in/out and were close, 590 deg. to 640 deg. and plenty of exhaust out tail pipe and said, temps good. Can't find reason why? Taking back to my friends and he going to try and take apart to check further for problem. "Any ideas from you guys would be appreciated". I love my truck, but too many problems coming up. Thanks Geno
I have checked everything and truck hasn't done the miss again. My fuel mileage has dropped starting 2 months ago from 16/18 mpg to 14, runs good but less power going up inclines/hills. I know I ask a lot of questions, but you guys usually have some good answers. I am not good at doing things on line here, sorry.Your help is needed. Thanks Geno

Latest posts