Catalytic converter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Claxton

Reaction score
My exhaust on the passenger side glows red! My mechanic says it is a clogged converter. I didn't let it run after I noticed this. I was going to replace the converters but was wondering if the rt yipe is still around for purchase. Also was wondering if the o2 sensors were affected as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sadly its not..... BUT you can purchase a WALKER replacement cheaply and install, OR buy it and PUNCH out the cat and install your own performance part.

OR

Just take off the OEM Y pipe, PUNCH out the guts and re install with new hardware..

Todd Z

not sure if your area does a inspection or not but you can always do the unspeakable like the stang owners do.

not sure if your area does a inspection or not but you can always do the unspeakable like the stang owners do.

in theory if i turn my sta into a full on track vehicle wouldnt it be better to remove the cat. would the punch cause a slowing effect of the exhaust gases? because it would be more of a expansion chamber? just curious.

I think 2.25" on both header pipes. That is what I remember from a freinds '07

The link is what I was going to use on my '04. It also comes in straight nipple. Also choice of ceramic or metalic substrate. I think the metalic substrate stands up to more pressure.

Check magnaflo or summit raccing. I was going to build an equalized dual exhaust.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/library/14449/exhaust/x-pipe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well dang theres my first jump the gun mistake all the exhaust stuff ive bought x pipe mufflers and tips are all 2.5 inch o well itll be better for it once i get the blower anyway.

Latest posts