Catless Y-Pipe?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptFin

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I know Random Tech is no longer around....but are there any other companies out there that still offer a catless y-pipe? Mine are clogged and I really would like to fix this with a "bolt-on" solution that involves deleting the upstream cats. I suppose I could go through the trouble of cutting open my current cats but thats a PITA lol. Anyone have any other suggestions or solutions? 2008 4.0L ST btw.

Long rods and just punch them out.... or buy aftermarket y pipe and punch out...

Long rods and just punch them out.... or buy aftermarket y pipe and punch out...
Thanks for the reply. Yea that's most likely going to be what I end up doing. I've read mixed reviews on STs throwing O2 codes after going catless, what are my odds?

It will throw efficiency codes for both downstream O2’s, no question if it will. You can either run O2 extensions(the 90° ones work best), or run an electronic O2 simulator(hardwires in, and mimics a working O2 sensor). The extension is the easier of the two, and works most of the time, but sometimes you’ll need to play with the length of the extension(stacking extensions) to get it right.

However….. If you’re going to pull the ypipe to do this, might as well try and find a good used ypipe to just swap in and forget all the headaches with knocking the cats out. My .02

Why not fix the issue of what’s making them clogged?

Why not fix the issue of what’s making them clogged?
I just bought the truck about 2 months ago. It's got 121k on the clock. I have no idea why the cats are clogged but I'm slowly making my rounds on maintenance items that may have been neglected. That being said, once cats are clogged/damaged you have to replace them. That's where I'm at. Thank you for the insight though.